She is the Queen of Gems-A Rising Star




Her wrap around necklaces, mesh bracelets and crystal hoop earrings are a trendsetter. The collection easily makes a transition from modern to vintage and from chic to classy. Here's the designer herself-Divya Chugh revealing her inspiration and telling us what's in this season with jewellery and is also sharing some tips on jewellery for women of every age


Divya -The Designer-"Fashion to me is like an art"
(Studied at the London Institute of Design and IGI, New Delhi. A certified diamond grader) 

I am a contemporary designer, who makes precious and semi-precious jewellery for all occasions.Being an artist at the same time, I treat each piece of jewellery like an individual work of art. Designing jewellery is really my passion and obsession. I think about my style and the jewellry I make the same way I think about and execute a painting
  
Inspiration - " People"
Seeing how happy my designs make other people,when they  wear them. Seeing my pieces on other people makes me the happiest

My Collections- " See my own principles evolve"
Wrap Around Necklace
I love designing sets and creating jewellery that narrate stories. I cater to women who are strong, ambitious and at the same time are fully conscious of their femininity. Price range is Rs.1000 onwards

The Trendsetter- Wrap around necklaces 
The Wrap necklaces are perfect accents to basics; they can be quite a "conversation starter". Wear them with a neutral palette and use it as a focal point in your western wear. With Indian clothes embellish your style with  an assortment of shapes and colors that celebrate the occasion


 
In Vogue this season-"Jewellery that is classic yet hints a contemporary vibe" 
The Indian palate has evolved over time; however a taste for authenticity and cultural mythology is widespread. This spring summer season calls for pastel and nautical colours that help you cool off in the heat wave. Pearls are always a part of my collection. Make sure you wear jewellery that is not too heavy and carries an assortment of vibrant colours
 
Picking the right piece and caring for it- "choose according to your personality"
I believe  in letting people evolve their own tastes, I love designing sets and creating jewellery that narrate stories, so your jewellery should narrate what your personality demands and where it originates from. Treat your jewellery as an extension of you.
Artificial Jewellery requires a lot more care and attention than real jewellery, so only wear artificial pieces post doing make up and using fragrances. Keep all jewellery away from sunlight and stored in a cool dark place to ensure longevity

Don't throw away your old jewellery - "recreate"
Recreate your jewellery by recycling your gems, or else turn around your old necklace into a bracelet and let it evolve from your past taste. Sometimes  just re-plating a pair of earrings or necklace brings back it's lustre and it's a brand new piece

 
Hollywood to Bollywood 
Nationally, I love Rekha, She carries of traditional Indian jewellery like no one else.Sonam Kapoor for her vibrance. Internationally I love Blake lively and Sarah Jessica Parker

Own a Piece
Available at various outlets and also through turnkey orders! At Ogaan ,Santushti ,New Delhi, Studio 8 , Dubai, Casa Maia, Raipur. Order online-www.aniika.com and www.simplysizzl.in 
Divya Chugh jewellery on Facebook

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,